A piece of my mind ....

May 22, 2005

I am Sam ....

This vacation I've watched loads of old and new movies. One of my favorite ways to use my free time. And now I'll tell you about one beautiful, touching movie by NewLine Cinema ....

It's called 'I am sam'. Released in 2001 by NewLine Cinemas, Directed by Jessie Nelson and starring Academy Award Nominee Sean Penn, Academy Award Nominee Michelle Pfeiffer and Dakota Fanning.

Sean Penn playes Sam Dawson, a mentally-challanged father of a seven year old daughter, Lucy played by Dakota Fanning and Michelle Pfeiffer playes Rita Harrison, a high-powered attorney, who helps Sam in his fight against the system.

The NewLine Cinema website for this movie is quite beautifully done and explains quite a bit about the movie including a very descriptive storyline. To visit the page click on the blog-title.

Here's your chance to take a look at the movie pictures ....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This movie is very subtle and touching. Wonderfully directed, moves with a comfortable pace. Sean penn is extremely powerful in delivering Sam on-screen; I wonder why this man didn't win the 74th Annual Academy awards !!! (Actually, he had a tough compitition that year with Russell Crowe for A beautiful Mind and Will Smith for Ali ... and no guesses for who won the award ..... it was Mr. Russell Crowe.) Michelle Pfeiffer playes Rita with her usual ease. Dakota Fanning delivers one of her best performances as 7 year old Lucy ! ... in real life too Dakota is only 7 and has already done quite a long list of films and has appeared in many TV serials !!

So, if you ask me, all in all, i will give this movie a four and half on five !

Do watch this one ... I bet you won't regret !!!


@mar.