A piece of my mind ....

May 11, 2005

Birthday !!

Birthday ... the day when I was born .... the very first day, when I cried out so loud as if there was no tommorow .... but, indeed there was a tommorow called - 'future'. A future to grow ... to smile ... to cry ... to keep going ... to live LIFE !

It is a day when, every year, you can't help waking up with a broad smile on your face ! It is a day when your family and friends wish you many more such days filled with joy. It is a day when you are made to feel important.

But, birthdays are much more than that ! They are 'excuses' for us - 'humans' to make a new start.... to start a new life..... to start again from zilch ! Your birthday is that one chance life offers you to correct your mistakes from the past. In a modern context, birthday is like a pitstop in the F1 race. You need to refuel & fix your car for smooth and sleek run in the next few laps. It is an opportunity for you to see & set new goals ....

I said birthdays are 'yearly-excuses' for humans to correct their mistakes. Yes, and it is indeed the case ! .... they are certainly excuses for us .... actually, for us to change and modify our lives, any day of the year should be a good one to start off ... but, it is a typical human nature to find some or the other 'excuse' before starting any new thing ... and we have certainly become slaves of this habbit.

Birthday is the day when you are supposed to check the balance-sheet of your life. Because, if you ain't gonna do it, then nobody's gonna ! You can't hire anyone to get it audited ... it's your life .. so you gotta do the job !! As simple as that ! Basically, it is that little time you get to spend every year, to look back upon your past times ... and, if you ask me, you should be waiting to cash in on it !!

Every year I celebrate my birthday with my family and close friends. There is nothing more joyous than to have your friends around you on your birthday! It feels nice ... feels 'connected' !! I count the happyness by the number of friends around me ... and to have it growing each year, is the most fullfilling accomplishment !!!

I am an optimist by nature .. so, I always see the glass half full ...

So, how do YOU see the glass ? Half empty ? or Half full ??

Give it a thought. Take care.


@mar.